jueves, 19 de junio de 2008

The black cat

"The Black Cat" is a short story by Edgar Alan Poe. It was first published in the August 19, 1843 edition of The saturday evening post. It is a study of the psychology of guilt, often paired in analysis with Poe's "The tell.tale heart".In both, a murderer carefully conceals his crime and believes himself unassailable, but eventually breaks down and reveals himself, impelled by a nagging reminder of his guilt.

Analysis

Like the narrator in Poe's "The tell.tale heart", the narrator of "The Black Cat" has questionable sanity. Near the beginning of the tale, the narrator says he would be "mad indeed" if he should expect a reader to believe the story, implying that has already been accused of madness.

One of Poe's darkest tales, "The Black Cat" includes his strongest denouncing of alcohol. The narrator's perverse actions are brought on by his alcholism, a"disease" and "fiend" which also destroys his personality.


Edgar alan poe


Edgar Allan Poe, critic, mystery and short story writer, but most importantly a poet, all these titles help to describe the multitalented genius that is Edgar Allan Poe. Edgar Allan Poe lived only 40 short years (1809-1849), yet his body of work is as rich a literary legacy as any published author.

Poe was born into an acting family, both mother and father were actors, but their tragic death in 1812, left young Edgar to be raised by his Godfather John Allan, a wealthy merchant in Richmond Virginia. Poe was educated abroad and later at the University of Virginia


cat: MUAJAJAJAJA I REVIVE!!!

man: OH NO!!! why did you come back?

cat: I have to revenge

man: I'm so sorry but please let me alone, how can I help you?

cat: anybody can help me and now I have you revenge to go to the sky, I HATE YOU!!!

man: but you loved me and I loved you

cat: but now is not the same thing because you kill me

man: I'm so sorry!!! please don't kill me

cat: NOW IS SO LATE... MUAJAJAJAJA

(the cat dissapear)




alumnos: Damian Hoflejzer, Julia Picazo, Anael Elia, Ariel farbiarz

No hay comentarios: